Why are oodle breeds so popular?
Visit any dog park in Australia and you’ll spot an Oodle. From Labradoodles to Groodles and Cavoodles, Oodles have captured the hearts of our nation. But what makes them so irresistible? Here, we’ll explore the Top 5 reasons Oodle dog breeds are so popular.
1. Low Shedding. Those who suffer from allergies and asthma can’t enjoy the company of traditional dog breeds due to the shedding of dander and fur. Oodles on the other hand, with their Poodle heritage, can possess coats that produce fewer allergens, making them a great option for allergy sufferers. Instead of the coat shedding off the dog, it gets caught in the coat. This, however, is why they need a strict grooming routine!
2. Intelligence and Trainability. Oodles are ridiculously cute and highly intelligent. They get their brains from the Poodle side of the family, making them very adaptable and easy to train. Poodles are considered one of the smartest dog breeds and by crossing them with other breeds, such as Retrievers or Cocker Spaniels, Oodles inherit the best of both worlds – intelligence and affability.
3. Adaptability. The Cavoodle is Australia’s most popular dog but many of its Oodle cousins are nipping at its heels. The first Oodle breed entered the top 20 in 2009 and its popularity has skyrocketed since, much thanks to Covid lockdowns. Adaptable, friendly and great with kids – Oodles, and Cavoodles in particular, became the pandemic puppy of choice. Whether you live in an apartment or a house with a backyard, Oodles easily adjust to different living environments.
4. Family Friendly. Well-known for their friendly and affectionate nature, Oodles make excellent family pets. They’re typically gentle with children and their social nature means they interact well with other pets. Their loving and patient demeanour contributes to their popularity and they’ll form longstanding bonds with both their human and furry family members.
5. Instagrammable. Oodles have captured, not only our hearts but also our feeds. Their photogenic looks, expressive eyes, and playful antics make them irresistible subjects for viral videos and adorable pictures. From TikTok to Instagram, Oodles bring joy to millions of followers worldwide – "awwing" at every post! With social media stardom comes an ever-expanding wardrobe. From the latest leads to dresses, coats and even necklaces – some Oodles have a better wardrobe than your average dog owner – myself included!
Guest blog by Annelie Child, Owner & Founder of Ziippup – Australia’s first dog lead with a built-in poop bag holder.